Warming Winter Wonders Walk in Amsterdam
As we make our way around the city together, you will discover some of the stories and locations that make Amsterdam the great city it is today. Our guides will make sure you stay entertained, even on the darkest of days, with their lively and informative stories. Amsterdam’s weather is known to change constantly, so we will stop off during the tour for a drink and a snack to warm you up. How does a delicious hot chocolate, with cream sound? Or perhaps a warming gluhwein with a traditional stroopwafel as a tasty treat.
The tour will start on Dam Square, where the city originated and will then go on to explore a number of locations, including:
The Royal Palace – an official residence of the Dutch royal family, the oldest canal in Amsterdam, the Begijnhof a quiet secluded courtyard, The Flower Market, the Canal district with its crooked canal houses, the beautiful Spiegelgracht, and lastly the Rijksmuseum and its dramatic tunnel. The tour will end at Museum Square.
So wrap up warm and let’s explore our beautiful city together, hearing the stories of what makes Amsterdam great and warming you up as you wander.
Highlights of The Warming Winter Wonders Walk
- Walk alongside Amsterdam Canals
- Learn about the Royal Palace on Dam Square
- Warm yourself on Gluhwein or Hot Chocolate
- Taste the best Dutch Stroopwafels
- Pass by beautiful canal houses
- Cross under the national art museum, Rijksmuseum
- Visit the secret courtyard of the Begijnhof
- The Warming Winter Wonders Walk is suitable for everyone who can walk. A good level of fitness and health is necessary.
- This tour is about 4 kilometres / 2.5 miles long and lasts 2 hours.
- Group size: maximum 15 people in one group.
- Please bring appropriate clothing depending on the weather!
- Time: The tour starts at 10.30 and 14.30 am. Make sure to be at least 10 minutes in advance at the meeting point.
What our guests have said about the mini city bike tour
The person who processed our rental was quick to get us going, humorous and helpful with suggestions fo where to go.
The bikes were in good shape and came with bike locks.