Amsterdam Uncovered: A Unique Bike Tour of the City’s Hidden Gems
This bike tour will start nearby Leidseplein and Vondelpark. After getting a quality bike we will pedal into the famous Western part of the city with the hipster 19th century neighbourhood. We will also go into the Jordaan, the old working-class area.
During the tour, we will pass beautiful canal houses, numerous bridges, street-art, old industrial zones and ship docks. The true hidden gems of the city. We will also take a ferry to see some of the hip places of the up-and-coming Amsterdam North. We will see lost cranes and industrial buildings at NDSM. This area is also famous for its amazing street art and graffiti.
You’ll learn about Amsterdam’s rich history as well as the foibles that make up Amsterdam’s culture. We mix this with the personal stories, observations, and opinions of your local guide. We can decide with the group to have a little stop to have drinks while we are in the NDSM area, there are several cool bars in this area (beverages are not included).
All our guides are personable, knowledgeable, and fun. We always have your safety in mind, so you can enjoy your bike ride responsibly.
Please note that to join this tour, one must be 16 years or older!
Highlights of the Hidden gems Bike Tour
- Bike along the Amsterdam Canals
- Cross historic drawbridges
- Take the ferry to get to the other side of the river
- Pass by beautiful canal houses
- Wander over an old industrial dock, with cranes and immense sheds
- See the beautiful street-art at NDSM
Trip Details: click here
- The Hidden Gems Bike Tour is suitable for people 16 years and older. A good level of fitness, health and biking skill is necessary.
- This guided bike tour is 11 km / 7 miles long and lasts 4 hours.
- Group size: maximum of 12 people in one group.
- Please bring appropriate clothing depending on the weather
- We will provide a high-quality Bike and raingear if necessary. Helmets are not required for this tour but are available if you want.
- When you want to bring snacks, please bring a backpack.
- Time: The tour starts at 1 pm. Make sure to be at least 10 minutes in advance at the meeting point
- Please book in advance, our bike tours often get sold out.
- Food and drinks along the way
What our guests have said about the hidden gems bike tour
The person who processed our rental was quick to get us going, humorous and helpful with suggestions fo where to go.
The bikes were in good shape and came with bike locks.