Hidden Gems Bike Tour Amsterdam
This bike tour will start next to Amsterdam Central Station. After getting a Dutch granny bike we will paddle into the famous Jordaan, the old working-class area before heading west into the 19th-century neighborhoods.
During the tour, we will pass beautiful canal houses, drawbridges, street-art, old industrial zones and ship-docks. The true hidden gems of the city. We will also take a ferry to see some of the hip places of the up and coming Amsterdam North. We will see lost cranes and industrial buildings at NDSM. This area is also famous for its amazing street art and graffiti.
You’ll learn about Amsterdam’s rich history as well as the foibles that make up Amsterdam’s culture. We mix this with the personal stories, observations, and opinions of your local guide.
All our guides are personable, knowledgeable, and fun. We always have your safety in mind, so you can enjoy your bike ride responsibly.
Please note that to join this tour, one must be 12 years or older!
Highlights of the Hidden gems Bike Tour
- Bike along the Amsterdam Canals
- Cross historic drawbridges
- Take the ferry to get to the other side of the river
- Pass by beautiful canal houses
- Wander over an old industrial dock, with cranes and immense sheds
- See the beautiful street-art at NDSM
- The Hidden Gems Bike Tour is suitable for people 12 years and older. A good level of fitness, health and biking skill is necessary.
- This guided bike tour is 11 km / 7 miles long and lasts 3.5 hours.
- Group size: maximum of 15 people in one group.
- Please bring appropriate clothing depending on the weather
- We will provide a high-quality Dutch Granny Bike and raingear if necessary. Helmets are not required for this tour.
- When you want to bring snacks, please bring a backpack.
- Time: The tour starts seven days per week at 1 pm. Make sure to be at least 10 minutes in advance at the meeting point
- Please book in advance, our bike tours often get sold out.
- Food and drinks along the way
What our guests have said about the hidden gems bike tour